Freelancer X-L-R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelancer X-L-R

The all new Freelancer XLR forum

PortalHomeRegisterLog inLatest images

XLR Known Problems and Solutions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

XLR Known Problems and Solutions Empty
PostSubject: XLR Known Problems and Solutions   XLR Known Problems and Solutions Icon_minitime19/08/10, 11:52 pm

I'll start this one.. with the one i just nailed down to a specific problem

Problem -> When buying a ship of same engine class, the game freezes.

Workaround -> Park your ship or sell your Engine 1st

Reason -> Game can't Auto-mount the engines when you sell one ship and buy another.. so when its hit with 2 of the same engine.. she locks up hard because they don't stack as they were never meant to be modular in the first place. This obviously is why every ship in the original game has its own engine & mainly caused ATM in XLR by the default engines loaded on all new ships. I will eventually eliminate most instances of this bug with some well planned code (new engines lol).. but for now.. probably best practice to get in the habit of unmounting or selling powerplants & engines just before buying a new one.. or parking.. that works as well.
Back to top Go down
https://freexlr.forumotion.net
Teixeira
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: XLR Known Problems and Solutions   XLR Known Problems and Solutions Icon_minitime18/10/10, 01:24 pm

Please help would like a ... how do I get the server appears to me .... must know how to do direct ip?

ass:Teixeira Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: XLR Known Problems and Solutions   XLR Known Problems and Solutions Icon_minitime18/10/10, 02:24 pm

There is no server as yet Teixeira Sad sry about that.. Im on a wireless con.. and i live in Australia.. I could start a server, but it would be very (netwise) unstable and laggy..

There are plans for a server once we hit beta.. should be based in Texas on the exact same server rig Shattered worlds runs on.. so it'll be hella sweet nice ping.. even for me! (hehe)

BTW.. if anyone want's to run a test server, PM me and i'll gen the necessary codes (or do it ye-self if you know how.. ) I know the singleplayer is possibly the most stable i've ever seen (thanks to what i've built it from - jflp ) so it would be interesting to see how a server goes.. especially in PvP.

I also would preffer to upload what i have here 1st.. I know I said no more pre-beta's.. but i think there just might be a 4th.. it'll be a few days though.. or hours.. depending on how Real life pans out.. reasons for this will be explained in a dev-diary post latter today (gotta go out for a bit now)
Back to top Go down
https://freexlr.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XLR Known Problems and Solutions   XLR Known Problems and Solutions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XLR Known Problems and Solutions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freelancer X-L-R :: Development feedback forum-
Jump to: