The all new Freelancer XLR forum

PortalHomeRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Salutations.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bTd

PostSubject: Salutations.   15/09/11, 06:25 pm

I'm nobody important. Just a Freelancer player. Played for....oh heck, I dunno. A good chunk of time. Played vanilla FL for ages, dabbled with Discovery, had some fun with 88Flak once upon a time.

Decided to pop on over here after I saw a promo vid at The Starport for XLR. I'm currently downloading it and will be giving a solid test drive once that's complete.

First impressions (before said test drive): Visually stunning. A VERY different look from anything else that I've played thus far, and that, I assure you, is a VERY good thing. A fresh look that snatched my attention from the start.

Admittedly, I probably won't have any valuable input to offer at any point in time. At best, I will probably only annoy the crap outta you guys/ladies with questions, etc.

That said, I can't wait to dive into a fresh FL!
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   16/09/11, 02:00 am

Welcome aboard Smile

Questions and input is always welcomed, hope you have a blast out there.. them locals can be a tad on the aggressive side in XLR. Mod uses Adoxa's SP console as well in case u get stuck/crash.. or anything else that may occur in the depths of space (mods still beta.. there are a few glitches but there rare)

Info's are a bit on the *undone* side too.. so use FLstat & companion for you raw data.. or just look it up in the ini.. but Stats faster Smile

Happy Hunting ~ Xarian

P.S. there's a dev diary (mine) on this forum in the dev section that explains alot more than i could fit in this little box.. worth a read Cool

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   16/09/11, 11:44 am

Your weren't kidding about the viciousness of the locals. One attempted SP mission (some random mission hunting Outcasts) turned into a solid 20mins frantic dogfight.

The only problem I've had thus far was when I tried using the jump gate to the California system. Just as I was about to exit the jump gate 'wormhole' effect, blue screen crash. Mind you, this only happened once (earlier today) and I've yet to make another attempt.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   16/09/11, 02:32 pm

Greetings. Smile

You might want to try it again, if something happens every time then the problem is in the mod, Windoze tends to randomly BSOD sometimes though.
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   17/09/11, 12:15 am

Runs off to test the calli gate a few 100 times..

I've had a few *spectre* bugs.. crashes with no findable reason in the code.. all adds up and codes clean but every now and then the game says NO and chucks a tantrum..

Bounty hunter patrols normally, near gates and bases, and its only recent as of the last build.. funny thing is.. i haven't touched them Cool but i have recoded alot of what they (and everyone else) use.. it could be as simple as a bad engine/powerplant or weapon fx Smile

The more bug reports we get the easier that'll be to track.. as the error scanners tell me nothing.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   17/09/11, 10:58 am

Yeah, FL tends to skip chunks of code upon a single error.
Oh FL, art thou a heartless bitch...
Back to top Go down
bTd

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   17/09/11, 12:08 pm

Well, I retried. Even did a new clean install and everything. EVERY time, at the cali jump gate. Just as soon as it starts the exit sequence, blue screen crash.

I'm going to make an attempt at taking the long way around to Cali and see if that works...namely to see if its just the Cali gate or if its all jump gates. Of course, this wil require staying alive long enough to get there XD
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   18/09/11, 11:25 am

ok.. some bad news im afraid.. well its not all bad.. but still not an answer.

I went back and forth for about 30-40 mins.. nada.. not a glitch nor hitch nor crash.. i truly wish it had as that would give me some starting point to go from..

That's not to say i haven't seen this before.. the old version of XLR had a bad bug that crashed cali (anywhere) and sometimes texas gates but that was proven to be the transports (as i was using a .cmp that's a known prob now) and some bad pathing zones.. none of are in the current build since the rebuild ( i scrapped that version to build it up again from JFLP.. nice and clean)

all i can think of is a rep error, but even that's a total long shot as i've barley touched the reps apart from new factions that aren't actually flying around yet.. so yeah.. kinda stumped at whats causing that for you as its causing it just for you.. and that is enough to make me a tad *sad panda* Sad cali has to be one of my favorite systems in the start zones.. and its a great place to earn your early wings (even better if your a pirate.. hardi har!).

Open to suggestions (as always).. the last thing i can think of is do u have 3d sound turned off? as thats a common cause of such crashes in any mod even vanilla FL at gates and lanes.

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   18/09/11, 11:53 am

Well, I tried every gate out of the NY system, and all of them crash every time.

I had thought about the 3d Sound thing too, but upon investigation, it was indeed turned off.

I'll be trying another clean install later tonight and hope for the best. What I've played of XLR so far is great, but I'd hate to be stuck in one system.
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   19/09/11, 07:05 am

I've asked on TSP about possible known causes for this error

Im looking at hardware or drivers to be honest.. i can safely say its not the mod but something glitching at the moment the game goes to load a new system, if it was the mod i would have heard of this long before now as that's a pretty significant problem you have there.

For now though.. there's a system jump command in the console that'll get you to anywhere you wish just by hitting enter (like in MP) and typing

system li02

that'll take u to calli.. system codes can be found by using FL-companion under nickname mode.. or any other dev/cheat tool will give u the codes.. or just look em up in the .ini files

works for bases too

base li02_01_base

is California minor.. now..i will warn you that the only time ive ever had issues is when playing with that to much and jumping around alot (for testing purposes) for more info on the consolse's functions just type help and follow the menu.

PostSubject: Re: Salutations.   

Back to top Go down

Salutations.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1