Freelancer X-L-R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelancer X-L-R

The all new Freelancer XLR forum

PortalHomeRegisterLog inLatest images

Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moadeeb
Admin
Admin
Moadeeb

Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Empty
PostSubject: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime28/11/10, 06:58 am

Hi folks,

I've been running XLR on my server for a good week or more now, and everything is holding up good. afro

You are all welcome to stop by anytime.

The name of the server is XLR Film Studio you can use "-swww.moadeeb.com:2302" command line option if you don't see it on the list. Please remember the MOD isn't finished, and I'm just running this server to make the videos. Hence the starting cash.

My internet speed is 1.79Mbps upload, and 29.8 Download, The computer has AMD Athlon 64 3000+@2.0Ghz and 2Gb of RAM.
So I feel pretty confident about the server's stability under load.

See y'all in space Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime02/12/10, 11:51 pm

I was away's and totally missed this... Smile

Expect me in sometime soon Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://freexlr.forumotion.net
IronDuke

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime02/02/11, 05:23 am

Hello,

Nice mod, but i was trying to connect at ur server and i cant to create chars there.
A message about the "name is already in use", but i write anything and the message persists.
Back to top Go down
Moadeeb
Admin
Admin
Moadeeb

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime02/02/11, 11:53 am

Thanks for Stopping by IronDuke Smile

I checked the Logs and the Server and found a couple of problems.
Apparently I had 3 account directories with several .fl files in them that were corrupt or otherwise unusable. Sad

All those files have been erased, Server rebooted,. and I created a character on a local computer.
So,. it should be working fine. If you still have a problem getting set up,. just post again and I will do my best to get you squared away.

Happy Flying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IronDuke

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime02/02/11, 08:26 pm

Thanks m8, but i still cant create a char.

I can log in to server and choose the options (create new char), but when I try to create (with any letters) I get this message:

"I'm sorry. But the character name you selected is already in use in this server. Please choose a new name and try again".

Please, check ur flserver options if the option "Allow New Players" is checked?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Moadeeb
Admin
Admin
Moadeeb

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime02/02/11, 10:41 pm

Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Fl capture

I'm not really sure what's wrong Neutral

Im using the latest version of XLR found in the dev diary,. it's the one posted in november.

Im using Ioncross Server Operator,. dunno if that makes a difference.

I'll keep trying to figure this out.
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime03/02/11, 02:45 am

IronDuke, try deleting your savegame folder then try to login.

The only other thing i can think of right now is build incompatibility, u did download the latest (nov) Build from here and not the modDB mod?

Apart from that this is the first time i've heard of this problem for us.
Back to top Go down
IronDuke

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime03/02/11, 02:00 pm

Xarian,

I always install a new mod with a fresh FL install, and surely, the savegame folder was deleted.

About the mod version, I got from ModDB, these 2 files:

2010_02_08_XLR_Beta_V3b.7z and
2010_08_17_XLR_BETA_V3b-Finalpatch.7z

I believe that is no problem (mod version), or I couldn't to access the server (or no?).

It happened the same way at KoehlerCafe server, running Rebalance 3.56, but I dunno what they did to fix it. Some time after its happened, I tried again and I could to create chars there.

Sorry, but I have no skills of modding, Im just a noob and happy player Very Happy

PS: I deleted the files enbseries.ini and enbconvertor.ini because my laptop have no cardgraphics and the game was not launching (no 3D cardgraphics detected and CTD after). After remove these files, the FL run without problem in SP mode or in MP mode (I started my own server to test in my laptop).
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime03/02/11, 02:35 pm

That's the old mod Wink Released for the ModDB mod awards early last year.

Try this instead..

XLR-221110-pt1.7z
XLR-221110-pt2.7z

This version will be obsolete in a few days.. but is the current version at moment Smile

Deleting the ENB was exactly how to fix that problem, this new version comes clean with ENB as a optional extra. It's a chipset problem on most laptops.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
IronDuke

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime03/02/11, 03:23 pm

Ouch!
Well, thanks. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime03/02/11, 03:38 pm

Don't feel too bad.. i haven't exactly made it a one click easy to find download Smile

I just take for granted that most are up to speed on were "IM" at.. and the dll is located in the Dev-section and not anywhere simple, that'll change when we go into the final stages.. but for now its right were it should be, in the dev-section Cool

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
IronDuke

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime04/02/11, 05:09 am

There we go, again.

When I was unpacking the mod, my Avira found a virus in the file:

XLR-221110-pt1\XLR\EXE\externalmsg.dll

Virus name: TR/ATRAPS.Gen
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime04/02/11, 08:00 am

False positive, avira can't handle some of adoxa's code and flags it as a sniffer..

I run Avira as well, so i can attest to the safety of that file, funny thing is that particular .dll extension isn't being used in the current build and is mainly a server extension.

If your really worried about it you can delete it as long as you delete the "reference" to it in XLR\EXE\dacom.ini there should be no probs Cool

Just so ye know.. Adoxa's FLHack was being flagged the same as well but is totally clean
Back to top Go down
IronDuke

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime05/02/11, 07:31 am

Xarian~Prime wrote:
...If your really worried about it you can delete it as long as you delete the "reference" to it in XLR\EXE\dacom.ini there should be no probs Cool

I did it.
Also, I got the files from your links above.

SP mode run smooth.
MP... well... still occurs that problem to create a charnames... No

I'll wait the new release, then i'll try one more time. I hope next time this problem dont occur.

"Hasta la vista" and "buena sorte".

Back to top Go down
Moadeeb
Admin
Admin
Moadeeb

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime05/02/11, 02:54 pm

IronDuke,.. Im so sorry your having so much trouble with the server. pale I feel even worst about it, cause I wasn't able to get you fixed up. So,.. I'm taking another stab at it.

I've Zipped up all the files in my XLR directory, and placed it here http://moadeeb.com/xlr.zip

You should be able to just download, and unzip anywhere on your PC,. go to the exe folder and run freelancer.exe and it should work just fine. It's an 800MB download so it may take a bit. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy Flying !
Back to top Go down
Moadeeb
Admin
Admin
Moadeeb

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime09/02/11, 04:58 pm

Exclamation XLR Film Studio Server now running latest XLR build (Feb 9th, 2011) Including Hotfix. Exclamation

Thanks to Xarian, we now have a bunch of restarts available. just do /dots in console.

Also, thanks to cloaking technology, I'll be able to produce more and hopefully better films. cheers

I'm excited ! bounce

Fly safe !
Back to top Go down
Xarian~Prime
Admin
Admin
Xarian~Prime

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime09/02/11, 08:22 pm

GENERAL NOTICE...

The restarts i sent are broken.. New ones have been sent and awaiting confirmation of load (sry moadeeb) They include the following..

Bountyhunter
Bretonia
Kusari
Liberty
Pirate
Rhienland
Zoner

they are pay templates and cost 2.5 million to restart as that faction, the codes are as follows

/restart $2500bounty
/restart $2500bretonia
/restart $2500kusari
/restart $2500liberty
/restart $2500pirate
/restart $2500rhienland
/restart $2500zoner

Total restart (back to basic ship) is
/restart basic

There's a few more.. but their hidden ones for admins.. ask nicely, and we may share (lolz)

I'll leave it up to Moadeeb to post when were all loaded and ready to go Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable   Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Server Up, Running, and Stable
Page 1 of 1